Monday, August 9, 2010

Book Schedule

Hey there Book Clubbers! Erin and I are shocked by the response we've gotten with this book club, but we are also so excited that so many of you want to join us.

Here is the schedule that we've come up with for the book. Each week is about 100 pages.

Aug 16: Chapters 1-10
Aug 23: Chapters 11-20
Aug 30: Chapters 21-35
Sep 6: Chapters 36-50
Sep 13: Chapters 50-71

Come back next Monday (August 16) to discuss the first ten chapters. We'll have a post up here with our thoughts and some questions, but we'd love for you to respond on your own blog with your own thoughts on this chunk of the book. Just make sure you don't discuss anything that happens after chapter 10 if you've read ahead, we don't want you to spoil it for others who aren't there yet!

Also, if you haven't bought the book yet, here are some links to it.


I got mine at Target last week, and I know a lot of girls have borrowed a copy from their library. Just make sure you've got it and read the first ten chapters by next Monday so you can join in!


See you next Monday!


14 comments:

  1. Started reading mine yesterday and I'm about half way done. I love this book it's a great read and so hard to put down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to begin! My copy should be arriving any day now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered mine off of Amazon for like $4 plus shipping. Just got it last week. Can't wait to start reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked my copy out from the library and have just started. I'm already intrigued. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finished mine in 2 days last week, was a little excited but I am still looking forward to participating in the discussions! xoxo KAG

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got mine from the library and I can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad y'all are hosting this. I'm ready. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really liking the book so far! I'm glad it was available at the library. Could you do a post with future book selections. For a couple reasons, 1. I am reading The Help right now too and if it is going to be a book club book I might be able to request it from the library again. 2. If there are books on the list not available at the library we might be able to request in advance. It will be tricky, there might be books I miss out on but excited to be a part of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meagan- We'll do a post about book selection. We're going to let the blog readers/book club decide using a vote of some sort.

    We won't be doing The Help. Rachel and I have both read it and a lot of women have already read it, so I think we'll just skip that one and do something else.

    Enjoy The Help! It is my favorite book of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I downloaded the book on my Kindle and lasted less than 48 hours before I read the whole thing. I have never been very good about sticking to an assigned reading schedule! I'm looking forward to the discussion though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read the first ten chapters--and had to MAKE myself put the book away! What a suspenseful part to stop reading! Thanks for the great pick and I am looking forward to the discussion next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to get to work--came to link up but here it is: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2010/08/book-club-read-secret-life-of-ceecee.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. New to this page but looking forward to being a part of the next book. I voted for the book I would like to read (looks like a lot of people agree as well); however, was just wondering when the new book would be selected...date?

    ReplyDelete