You're here because you responded to a post from me (Blue-Eyed Bride) or Rachel from In No Simple Language.
We both love reading and try to squeeze in as many books per year as we possibly can. We found that we were reading a lot of the same books and encouraging each other to read certain books. After I wrote a post about wanting to be a part of a supper club, bunco group, and a book club, many commenters responded and suggested we create a blogger book club.
So here we are!
This is going to be a fun process as we feel our way through and make sure each club member's voice is heard in this process.
So here are a few announcements:
1. The first book of the Bookend Bloggers Book Club is The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain. Some of you may have already read it, but it happened to be a book that Rachel and I both had on our "must read" list and thought it would be a good place to start. In the future, we'll be taking suggestions and letting you all decide which book we read.
2. We're going to start off by reading a few chapters at a time and we'll give a date that we'll "meet" back up here to discuss the chapters we've read.
3. When it's time to meet, we'll set up a MckLinky so you all can leave comments on this blog, but also so you can post on your own blog.
4. Rachel and I plan to do a few vlogs on the book and also do written posts. We'll likely post on this blog and on our own personal blogs.
5. If you do not have a blog, but you want to join this book club, you are welcome to leave your thoughts and answers to the questions in the comments section on that "meeting" day.
We'll begin the book club on Monday, August 9. I think that gives everyone plenty of time to pick up the book. On August 9, we'll announce the chapters that we'll need to read in that week and it will also say the day that we're meeting back up to discuss and link to our posts about the book.
Rachel and I are both really excited about this. It will keep me reading and I hope it will get lots of others to read more, too. It's always fun to discuss books-- especially the ones that leave a mark on us!
So let's do a bit of a roll call. If you plan to participate or you're thinking about participating, please leave a comment!