Monday, September 13, 2010

Erin's Response to Chapters 51-70

1. At the end we find out Tim was sending Cory money because he thought she could be his daughter since he was having an affair with Genevieve. Did you see this coming?

I didn't see it at all! I mean, there was something suspicious about Genevieve's reaction to Tim and that she didn't seem overly afraid of him when we met her. And I never thought Tim was sending money to CeeCee/Eve because he felt bad for getting her into this situation. I am glad, though, that we know his reasons.

2. By the end of the story, what were your feelings about Eve? How had they changed since the beginning?

At the end, I was happy that she received some closure. That she was able to finally be honest about her life, but I feel sorry for her. I feel like she was just completely broken and now she'll spend her life being the open and honest person she always wanted to be. She showed tremendous courage when she confessed her crimes, but she had to go through some awful stuff to get to where she is in the end.

3. Were you happy with the way President Russel treated Cory?

I thought he was completely fair. He wanted justice for his wife and his family. He didn't know the other side of the story, but I don't know if I'd want the other side of the story, either, if my spouse died and someone took my child. I'd want to put my family back together as best I could. I think Ken was the one to blame, though, for putting bad ideas into President Russell's head about Eve. What a snake!

But President Russell was really commendable in the end when he shorted Eve's sentence for his daughter's sake.

4. If you were in Cory's shoes and had just found out all of this about the woman who raised you and who you believed to be your mother, how would you react? Would you forgive?

I think I'd eventually forgive. Cory was right to be shocked and angry. She felt like her whole life was a lie. But Eve was the other mother she knew and every girl needs her mother. I'm glad that she was able to forgive enough to hear Eve's side of the story so she could get a little bit of perspective.

5. In your mind, how does this story end? Do they all live happily ever after? Does Cory go on having relationships with her old family and her new family?

I think Cory ends up splitting time between visiting the Russells and visiting her family. She is doing a great job raising her son and has a great relationship with her mother. I think that Eve is finally able to be happy and honest about her life and not feel like she's always running and hiding.

6. How do you think Cory has changed throughout the story? Have your feelings about her changed?

She has definitely gotten more brave and more independent. She sees that she has to be her own person and she can't blame her upbringing and her family for all of her faults.

3 comments:

  1. No, I didn't see the affair with Genevieve and Tim coming. I'm so glad though that Cory wasn't Tim's daughter after all she went through! I was very happy that Eve's old roommate visited her in jail and had all her mother's letters for her. I thought that was really nice! Yes, I think they will live happily now and Cory will be a part of both families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally didn't see the affair with Genevieve and Tim coming either. I also agree that President Russell really did a great thing for Cory in the end. I was really shocked, but really glad things all worked out and Eve didn't have to spend the rest of her life in jail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of saw the affair coming but I don't know why?? I was really happy with President Russell's decision to help his daughter out. I cried during the part that Eve's friend brought all the letters back to her. I was sad when we quit seeing them because she had left them in the house and couldnt go back. I too think that Cory and her baby will spend time with both families and I am very happy that Cory was able to know both of her families!!

    ReplyDelete